One of the frequently occurring errors in QuickBooks accounting software is QuickBooks error 80070057. This error may pop up on the screen when a QB user tries to open a company file from outside of QuickBooks by double-clicking it instead of first opening QB and then the file.
QuickBooks Error Code 80070057 get displayed on the screen with the message – incorrect parameter or insufficient permissions.
What causes QuickBooks Error 80070057?
There are a number of factors that can lead to occurrence of QuickBooks Error 80070057. Some of the common reasons are here enlisted below -
- A user of QuickBooks accounting software is attempting to open company file directly by double clicking it rather than using QB to open it.
- QB user is trying to open a company file stored on a redirected desktop’s folder, and there is no connection between the computer and the network.
- Permissions set for the firewall software are very strict and its settings have not been optimized for QuickBooks.
- You are using BitDefender as antivirus software and it is blocking ports needed for exchange of data between computers.
- Company file is not readable to QuickBooks as file extension has got changed.
- QB installation files are damaged or corrupted.
- There is some issue with a QB file extension.
- A QB user is directly trying to open a portable file, i.e., is without first opening QB Desktop.
- File is stored on a pen or flash drive.
- QB company file is damaged.
What are the symptoms of QuickBooks Error Code 80070057?
QuickBooks error 80070057 may occur with the following symptoms -
- The file suddenly collapses or abruptly gets closed.
- A dialogue box appears with the message: Error Code 80070057 - parameter is incorrect.
- A message pops up on the screen that that the user lacks permissions to delete files.
- QuickBooks freezes or crashes.
How to Fix QuickBooks Error 80070057?
Firstly, try these tips -
- If in case, file is stored on a pen drive, do not open it directly, copy it to hard drive and then try to access it.
- If QuickBooks error code 80070057 occurs while installing QB, re-download it from the official website.
Perform the solutions given below to fix QuickBooks error 80070057 -
Run as administrator
- Right-click QuickBooks.
- Choose Run as administrator.
Use QuickBooks to open company file
- First of all, open your QuickBooks
- Then, open your company file.
Move company file
- Make a new folder in default drive
- Put company file into it.
- See, if you are getting QuickBooks 80070057 error.
- Download this tool.
- Run it and see if the error is appearing.
If QuickBooks error 80070057 does not get fixed by applying above solutions, you can try updating QuickBooks, configuring firewall, configuring BitDefender settings etc.
If you are unable to resolve QuickBooks error 80070057, contact QuickBooks Error Tech Support at Accountant Squad by calling 24/7 helpline no. 1-888-502-0363. Experts at Accountant Squad can fix all types of QuickBooks errors as fast as possible.